The New Grand Central
The next stage of Grand Central’s redevelopment will be revealed on March 29, bringing some of the nation’s biggest and most highly anticipated major retailers to the Toowoomba CBD.
On 29 March Grand Central will welcome the biggest names in Australian retail to one location for the first time in Toowoomba’s history. Kmart, Big W and Woolworths will open their doors joining Myer, Target and Coles to create a one-stop shop for all these powerhouse brands in one convenient location.
Additional store openings include the first group of more than 100 specialty retailers to open this year. They will include a range of fast and fresh food outlets as well as a number of convenience-based retailers, providing even more offerings, choices and conveniences to Grand Central Toowoomba.
This exciting next stage of Grand Central’s evolution will also see the opening of many new features and amenities throughout the Centre including additional convenient car parking and more parking zones that provide best access to Kmart, Big W, Woolworths and Best&Less.
The stage opening will complement the diverse retailers and brands already on offer, and set the scene for plenty more still to come to Grand Central this year.
With much community anticipation surrounding the development there will be a number of exciting announcements still to come this year…so watch this space.
- Big W - At BIG W our commitment is to offer you “Australia’s Lowest Prices Everyday”. Throughout our entire range of merchandise, we have a huge selection of brand items, the brands you know and trust.
- Kmart opened Australia’s first discount department store in Burwood, Victoria in 1969. It was the beginning of a proud Aussie icon that has revolutionised the way Australians and New Zealanders shop.
- Woolworths- Welcome to Woolworths, a fresh way to do your shopping.
- Best & Less - Since 1965, Best&Less has grown from a single shop in Sydney to become a national multi-channel retailer. Remaining true to our founding values of high quality and low prices, we work hard to ensure that we make affordable fashion and quality basics available to everybody.
NEW FOOD RETAILERS
- Rozzi’s Italian Canteen is the collaborative outcome of seasoned food & business operators who have combined their past 25 years’ industry experience to create this exciting new fast casual dining offer.
- Sushi Sushi has more than 120 locations across Australia Sushi Sushi is the country’s leading purveyor of high quality, on-to-the go Japanese cuisine. Our premium Sushi is created with passion and we are driven by an obsession with quality, freshness, taste and health.
- Schnitz brings the age-old culinary tradition of the schnitzel to modern-day tastebuds through fresh ingredients, a healthier pan-cooking technique and a delicious, crunchy crumb that would make even the most seasoned schnitzel pro swoon.
- Betty's Burgers is a classic burger shack with the menu to match – that means juicy, mouth-watering, custom all-Australian beef patties. The inspiration from the venue comes from David Hales’ late grandmother, Betty Anderson, who was known for making the best burgers back in the day.
- Guzman Y Gomez restaurants, like their menu items, channel Mexico’s urban streets. Bursts of colour from our Mexican tiles and street art contribute to a warm and energetic vibe, inviting you to settle in and savour every bite.
- Bay Audio believe that the ability to hear well is vital to enjoying all that life has to offer. They are a completely independent company specialising in the latest hearing technology
- Bupa Optical delivers quality eye care, and benefits designed exclusively for Bupa members.
- Freechoice stores' mission is to provide the highest quality of service and products with a sense of pride and company spirit in tobacco retailing. Freechoice Tobacconist is one of the largest specialist retailers of tobacco and related products.
- Laser Clinics Australia (LCA) is Australia’s most experienced provider of laser hair removal, cosmetic injections and skin treatments. They have the largest team of doctors and nurses of its kind in the country and offer the latest in cosmetic treatment technology.
- Love Henry provides timeless prints, quirky appliques and beautiful styles, all with vintage inspiration. Whether you love shabby chic florals or bright spots and stripes or just smart classic styles, Love Henry lets mums give their kids their own personal style! Find Love Henry on Level 2 of the existing Centre, outside MYER.
- Nextra Grand Central Since 1995, nextra has strategically worked to build a strong and recognizable brand. We are currently Australia’s premier franchise group operating in the retail newsagency environment.
- Rainbow Nails is a new nail salon that will be located on Level 1 of the extension.
- Shoe Warehouse offers the passionate shoe enthusiast a truly unique shopping experience. They provide a comprehensive selection of styles from their brand partners.
- Sushi Machi provides a Sushi Train that offers delicious, authentic Japanese cuisine made on site daily by qualified Sushi chefs.
- TerryWhite Chemmart is a new direction in pharmacy, joining forces together not to become bigger, but to become better. It’s your first stop for health services and advice for your entire family, no matter how young or old.
- The Lolli Shop is a confectionery retailer featuring a pick-and-mix style set up with more than 170 different types of confectionery to choose from, including old favourites, international brands and the latest sugary crazes.
- Top Case are committed to offering the best computer accessories for your laptop. They stand behind their products and guarantee its quality. Their goal is to manufacture the best products while keeping it innovative and fun.
- Zing Pop Culture is an Australian pop culture retailer, stocking the latest and greatest in Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, Pokémon, DC Comics, Star Wars, POP! Vinyl, Nintendo, Minecraft, Marvel and more.
- Just Cuts second store will be located on the ground level of the new development; and is a hairdressing salon that bridges the gap between the old style barber shop and high-end hair salon. Its fixed price, no appointment system is a convenient and practical solution for clients, offering convenient, quality style cuts from fully qualified stylists at an affordable price.
- City Beach will be relocating to a bigger and better store on level 2 of the new development.
- Jimmy Rod’s Barbershops aren’t just places to get a cut and shave, they are a modern-day oasis of authentic masculinity, camaraderie and style.
- Pharmacy 4 Less is built on a foundation of professional expertise and personal service, Pharmacy 4 Less has been meeting customer’s health care needs since 2007.
- This n That will be located on Ground Level of the new development, near Kmart and Best&Less.
Grand Central Redevelopment History:
Commenced in November 2014, the vision for the new Grand Central is to create a magnetic destination for the community that embodies the pride, tradition, culture and opportunity of Toowoomba and the Darling Downs region, and compliments the existing dynamic retail offer.
The first exciting stage of the $500 million redevelopment project opened on 15 September 2016. Primarily a fashion-focused offering incorporating classic contemporary and urban youth precincts, the two-level fashion retail galleria comprises around 40 stores ranging from global high street to iconic Australian fashion brands.
Find all your favourite fashion stores in the Fashion Retail Galleria.
We look forward to announcing additional stages of the development opening throughout 2017, which will see the ultimate vision for the new Grand Central realised – a destination that engages the community in so many ways. Featuring approximately another 100 speciality retailers also opening, with precincts that will include:
• a fresh-food destination with a market-style atmosphere
• a newly integrated civic space which will become a stunning focal point for the community
• a dining precinct that will overlook the planned outdoor civic space, and will include a range of restaurants and cafes new to the Toowoomba region.
We look forward to taking you on this journey and showcasing another iconic local destination for the community and visitors alike.
Discover the possibilities at Grand Central.