The New Grand Central
Published on 16 March 2017
The next stage of Grand Central’s redevelopment will be revealed on March 29, bringing some of the nation’s biggest and most highly anticipated major retailers to the Toowoomba CBD.
On 29 March Grand Central will welcome the biggest names in Australian retail to one location for the first time in Toowoomba’s history. Kmart, Big W and Woolworths will open their doors joining Myer, Target and Coles to create a one-stop shop for all these powerhouse brands in one convenient location.
Additional store openings include the first group of more than 100 specialty retailers to open this year. They will include a range of fast and fresh food outlets as well as a number of convenience-based retailers, providing even more offerings, choices and conveniences to Grand Central Toowoomba.
This exciting next stage of Grand Central’s evolution will also see the opening of many new features and amenities throughout the Centre including additional convenient car parking and more parking zones that provide best access to Kmart, Big W, Woolworths and Best&Less.
The stage opening will complement the diverse retailers and brands already on offer, and set the scene for plenty more still to come to Grand Central this year.
With much community anticipation surrounding the development there will be a number of exciting announcements still to come this year…so watch this space.
- Big W - At BIG W our commitment is to offer you “Australia’s Lowest Prices Everyday”. Throughout our entire range of merchandise, we have a huge selection of brand items, the brands you know and trust.
- Kmart opened Australia’s first discount department store in Burwood, Victoria in 1969. It was the beginning of a proud Aussie icon that has revolutionised the way Australians and New Zealanders shop.
- Woolworths - Welcome to Woolworths, a fresh way to do your shopping.
- Best & Less - Since 1965, Best&Less has grown from a single shop in Sydney to become a national multi-channel retailer. Remaining true to our founding values of high quality and low prices, we work hard to ensure that we make affordable fashion and quality basics available to everybody.
- Rozzi’s Italian Canteen is the collaborative outcome of seasoned food & business operators who have combined their past 25 years’ industry experience to create this exciting new fast casual dining offer.
- Sushi Sushi has more than 120 locations across Australia Sushi Sushi is the country’s leading purveyor of high quality, on-to-the go Japanese cuisine. Our premium Sushi is created with passion and we are driven by an obsession with quality, freshness, taste and health.
- Schnitz brings the age-old culinary tradition of the schnitzel to modern-day tastebuds through fresh ingredients, a healthier pan-cooking technique and a delicious, crunchy crumb that would make even the most seasoned schnitzel pro swoon.
- Betty's Burgers is a classic burger shackwith the menu to match – that means juicy, mouth-watering, custom all-Australian beef patties. The inspiration from the venue comes from David Hales’ late grandmother, Betty Anderson, who was known for making the best burgers back in the day.
- Guzman Y Gomez restaurants, like their menu items, channel Mexico’s urban streets. Bursts of colour from our Mexican tiles and street art contribute to a warm and energetic vibe, inviting you to settle in and savour every bite.
Grand Central Redevelopment History:
Commenced in November 2014, the vision for the new Grand Central is to create a magnetic destination for the community that embodies the pride, tradition, culture and opportunity of Toowoomba and the Darling Downs region, and compliments the existing dynamic retail offer.
The first exciting stage of the $500 million redevelopment project opened on 15 September 2016. Primarily a fashion-focused offering incorporating classic contemporary and urban youth precincts, the two-level fashion retail galleria comprises around 40 stores ranging from global high street to iconic Australian fashion brands.
Find all your favourite fashion stores in the Fashion Retail Galleria.
We look forward to announcing additional stages of the development opening throughout 2017, which will see the ultimate vision for the new Grand Central realised – a destination that engages the community in so many ways. Featuring approximately another 100 speciality retailers also opening, with precincts that will include:
• a fresh-food destination with a market-style atmosphere
• a newly integrated civic space which will become a stunning focal point for the community
• a dining precinct that will overlook the planned outdoor civic space, and will include a range of restaurants and cafes new to the Toowoomba region.
We look forward to taking you on this journey and showcasing another iconic local destination for the community and visitors alike.
Discover the possibilities at Grand Central.